The Don Roderick Gallery Group is opening up the gallery doors for the 2nd annual Art Competition, with great cash prizes and exposure during July 2011. There are two new exciting categories this year: photography and portrait of a local identity (living or deceased) in any medium.
1. $4000 Conquest Mining Acquisitive Prize– Open to all entries any medium any subject. Conquest Mining acquires the winning entry.
2. $1000 - Charters Towers Regional Council Local Artist Prize (any medium) by an artist living in the Charters Towers Regional Council area.
3. $250 Geaney’s Real Estate Prize – 3D sculptural work no larger than 50cm³.
4. $200 Qld Country Credit Union Prize—Painting, includes oil, watercolour, pastel, acrylic, etc.
5. $200 Northern Miner Prize – photography.
6. $250 WHK Accountants Prize—portrait of a local identity (living or deceased) in any medium.
7. $100 Can Do Framing Prize – Peoples Choice. Vote for your favourite!
The Don Roderick Gallery is an important part of the famous Stock Exchange Arcade in Mosman St (owned by the National Trust of Qld) for locals and visitors who arrive here every year to take in the sights and sounds of a bustling yet historic city. Our aim is to enhance Charters Towers cultural reputation by showcasing the region’s artistic talent.
Last year during the inaugural 2010 Art Competition, there were over 70 artworks exhibited from entries submitted to the selection committee, and the quality art attracted many to the opening celebration and prize presentation. Val Claussen with her painting ‘August Dry’ won the major $4000 prize, and many other artworks were purchased by countless visitors to the exhibition over the 3 week exhibition period.
• Entry forms/images to selection committee by 13 May 2011. entry forms available online at http://donroderickgallery.blogspot.com or various places around Charters Towers.
• Selected work delivered to gallery: by Saturday 18 June 2011
• Judging & Opening night: Saturday 9 July 2011
• Exhibition ends: Saturday 30 July 2011
• Work picked up 12-2pm 31 July 2011
For further information, please contact Don Roderick Gallery Group President, Shirley Symes on 07 4787 8838 or email@example.com.